Hello World! Can Can Dancer has moved. Please visit www.cancandancer.com to see new DIY posts (and all past posts too!). Happy Crafting!

Thrift Store Item Makeover

I recently donated a few bags of unwanted belongings to a thrift store, and while I was there I found this napkin holder for 50 cents.  It didn't look too hot, but I knew it had potential.  It was originally red and yellow.  I repainted it neon pink and lime green.


I first painted the entire holder white.  I didn't bother with sanding.... Then I painted it with the neon paint from Michael's.  The paint was only $0.33 a bottle. The pink paint was so thin, it took 4 coats. I then painted all my details. I had to mix my greens from my stash to get a color I wanted.

It might actually be a mail holder, I'm not sure. But it gets the job done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment