I love thrift stores, yard sales and consignment shops. I picked up these wedges at a consignment shop, and over time I've given them some boo-boos. I got them wet and the fake wood vinyl started to bubble and look gross.
Here is a tutorial on how to transform some old shoes to be sparkly and fantastic! Why buy when you can just DIY? :)
1. Gather your supplies: old shoes, Mod Podge, glitter, matching paint, a paintbrush, an exacto knife, and a cup or bowl that you don't mind getting a little messy.
2. My shoes had vinyl that was lifting, so I cut it off with an exacto. If yours doesn't, you can just skip this step.
3. I had no idea what color wedge would be under the vinyl, and I put a coat on gold paint to save myself from having to do a thousand layers of mod podge. (If you want to be super neat tape off the part of the shoes that you want to stay clean. I'm lazy so I just winged it.)
4. Mix mod podge and glitter together. Mix until you have a consistency you are happy with.
5. Cover your shoes with the mod podge. I did 3 layers because I wanted my shoes super glittery. Let them dry overnight and tada! You now have some awesome DIY shoes to rock. (After finishing I wish I had done a different color with black or grey glitter, but oh well! I'll just have to DIY some other shoes.)
I took a macro shot of the glitter and made this image. Feel free to use it for your desktop or for your facebook banner. :) (Right click and open in a new tab, then either download or drag and drop it.)
Below are some glitter shoes for more inspiration:
Post a Comment